Link your Adsense account to your Youtube Channel. If our channel is already approved to join the YouTube Partner Program, we need to associate an agreed-upon AdSense account to the YouTube channel so that we can earn money from YouTube videos and receive payments.
If our channel qualifies for the Monitisari as in my previous article, how to monetize youtube channel with Adsense
Why should we link an AdSense account to a YouTube channel?, because with the AdSense account linked to the YouTube channel, we will earn revenue from YouTube and also to receive payments.
Before creating an AdSense account It’s good to know first what AdSense is, and before we start to comply with the AdSense terms and conditions, we only have one account with the same payee name, meaning no Allowed to create multiple accounts with the same name.
If you violate any of these terms, then the dual AdSense accounts created through YouTube will not be approved, not only that channel monetization will also be decommissioned or deactivated.
Linking an Adsense account to a Youtube Channel
There are two ways to link your AdSense account to YouTube channel,
#1. Linking an already active Adsense account
For an active AdSense account owner, who previously signed up via web/blog or AdMob.
AdSense account owners can directly link to YouTube channels, the way is:
Linking an approved AdSense account
If we already have an approved AdSense account, we can link the AdSense account to the YouTube channel.
- Please sign in to your YouTube account and go to www.youtube.com/account_monetization, then start to follow the steps to link your AdSense account by clicking Start.
- Next we will be redirected to the Monetization page, click Next to AdSense
- We’ll be taken to choose which Google account to use to access your AdSense account. If you don’t see our account in the list, select Use another Google account to sign in.
- Next will be directed to the AdSense signup page. Please click Accept Attribution. If the account shown is the wrong account, click “Use another Account” to change the account you want to link to.
- We’ll be redirected back to the YouTube monetization page, and can move on to the next stage to set channel monetization preferences.
Once the AdSense account that is linked to the YouTube channel is active, we will receive a notification that the account is active. Youtube takes approximately 2×24 hours or 2 days, sometimes faster than that.
#2. Linking a new Adsense account to a Youtube Channel
Warning, Google prohibits when linking a YouTube channel to a new AdSense account, do not create a new AdSense account through, adsense.com.
If doing so is to create an AdSense account from adsense.com then the submission of YouTube channel monetization will be directly rejected by YouTube.
To create an AdSense account from YouTube Channel please follow the instructions below:
- Please Login first to your YouTube account, and click youtube.com/account_monetization, follow the steps to create an AdSense account and link it to your channel. We’ll be redirected to the AdSense submission page.
- Make sure the account we’re going to make for AdSense is ready!.
- To sign in to the Google account that you want to created an AdSense account for. Please re-check the email account that the email we are creating is the correct AdSense account, the email that will be used is the channel manager email.
- The next step is to accept the AdSense account attribution.
- Provide our valid contact information and send it to your AdSense account submission. We’ll be redirected back to the YouTube channel. We will get a message that our YouTube AdSense account is being treated.
Youtube takes 48 hours to actually receive an AdSense account submission. So we just wait until we get the email from YouTube.
We can also monetize or link 1 AdSense account to more than one YouTube channel.
I rewrote from the YouTube guide at, https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/7367438 hopefully it can help the novice YouTubers to more easily understand it.
In addition, the AdSense account submission through a YouTube channel could be an accepted AdSense account but the YouTube channel could not be monetized because it caused 1 or more of our video content to be problematic with the content ID.